Support Planned Ridge Trail Connections in Solano County’s Active Transportation Plan!
The Solano Transportation Authority is creating a new vision for biking and walking/hiking countywide. Please support planned Ridge Trail connections by providing feedback on the Interactive WikiMap at: activesolano2020.org
They need your input now, because the input opportunity will end in early December!
Submit your comments online or attend one of the events listed below to learn more and get support on placing your feedback:
- Benicia Library Dona Benicia Room – Friday, November 16th from 3:30 – 5:30 pm; Tuesday, November 20th from 6 pm – 8 pm; Monday, December 3rd from 6 – 8 pm
- Merriment on Main(Vacaville) – Tuesday, November 27th
- Tree Lighting Festival (Dixon) – Thursday, December 6th
- Holiday Open House (Benicia)– Friday, December 7th
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS:
- Go to theInteractive WikiMap at: activesolano2020.org
- Click a point or route on the map (it gives a list of items to check to describe in general terms the concerns or benefits of improvements at that point or route).
- Use the comment section at the bottom to conveying the reason for the needed improvements (use comments below).
1. I- 80 overcrossing at Hiddenbrooke/American Canyon Road Interchange:
COMMENT: The I-80 overcrossing at this interchange is a narrow roadway with no bike or pedestrian improvements. Bike and pedestrian improvements at this overcrossing are needed to connect the existing Ridge Trail segment through the Hiddenbrooke subdivision south of the interchange with the planned Ridge Trail through the Solano Land Trust Brown property connecting to the existing Ridge Trail segment in Lynch Canyon north of the interchange.
2. Red Top Road I-80 Undercrossing
COMMENT: The I-80/I-680/SR 12 Interchange improvements include a bike pedestrian path between McGary Road to Business Center Drive. However, the interchange improvements does not include widening the Red Top Road undercrossing of I-80 as part of the interchange improvements. The undercrossing is currently very narrow with no sidewalks or bike lanes. This is the only connection to the park and ride lot between I-80 and SR 12 from South Cordelia.
3. Rockville Road Crossing between Rockville Hills Park and Rockville Trails Preserve
COMMENT: Provide safe crossing for bike and pedestrians across Rockville Road between Rockville Hills Park and Rockville Trail Preserve.
4. Green Valley Road Crossing at Westlake Drive
COMMENT: Provide safe crossing for bike and pedestrians across Green Valley Road at the Westlake Drive intersection
5. Rose Drive/Columbus Parkway intersection to Vallejo/Benicia Buffer Open Space Area
COMMENT: Provide safe crossing for bike and pedestrians at the Rose Drive and Columbus Parkway Intersection for improved access to the Vallejo/Benicia Buffer Open Space Area
6. Military East between E. 5th Street and Park Road in Benicia
COMMENT: Provide bike lane improvements along Military East between E. 5th Street and Park Road in Benicia.