The Ridge Trail has Reached 400 Miles!
The Ridge Trail was built inch by inch AND member by member. Join us on the journey ahead to close the final gaps in Ridge Trail and make your 400-mile gift today!
Thirty-four years ago, a small band of visionaries dreamed up a world-class regional trail, one that could take you on an epic adventure around the entire Bay Area without ever stepping off the trail. Back then, accomplishing such a vision may have seemed nearly impossible, but with two-thirds of the Ridge Trail now complete, it is no longer a question of “if” it will be completed, but “when.” Click here to see a map of the Ridge Trail at 400 Miles.
Together, we’ve built the momentum needed to connect the last 150 miles!
Since 1989, we’ve worked to fund, build, and dedicate over 400 miles of Ridge Trail. It took the efforts of countless volunteers, donors, partners and staff to get to this point. We want you to fall in love with this bold vision just like we have, and join us in connecting the last 150 miles.
Take action today by making a 400-mile gift and becoming a Ridge Trail Member. Your donation will support our work, each and every day, to build and connect the trail, and to make the Ridge Trail more accessible to more people around the Bay Area.
Advocate for the Ridge Trail by voting for bond measures, supporting trail projects, and speaking to your local representatives. Sign up for our Trail Advocates email list and we’ll let you know when and how you can support the trail.
Get outside and explore! Find maps, trail lists, and other tools to plan your adventures here. And join us for special events and outings, including upcoming Ridge Trail dedications! Stay in the loop with our monthly
Here are some of the trail projects that brought us to 400 miles in 2021!
These projects were completed in 2021.
- Ed Levin County Park (Santa Clara County) - 2.6 miles
- Green Valley Road (Solano County) - 0.1 miles
- Coyote Creek (Santa Clara County) - 1.65 miles
- El Sereno Open Space Preserve (Santa Clara County) - 3.5 miles
These projects are in the works and we're hopeful these trails will be part of the Ridge Trail soon!
- Pacific Union College to Moore Creek Park, "Dan's Wild Ride" (Napa County) - 3.7 miles
- Los Alamitos Creek to Almaden Quicksilver County Park (Santa Clara County) - 0.7 miles
Finally, these projects are just on the horizon, with groundbreakings expected to happen in 2022.
- Garin Regional Park to Niles Canyon (Alameda County) - 7 miles
- Southern Skyline Ridge Trail Extension (San Mateo County) - 6.7 miles
Help us celebrate 400 miles by joining us for our upcoming events!
- Ridge Trail Challenge - happening now
- For members: Winter Solstice Hike & Cheer
- More 400-mile celebrations coming soon!