The Bay Area's most gorgeous hike and ride - on the Ridge Trail through Marin and across the Golden Gate.
SATURDAY APRIL 26, 2014
Our signature fully-supported event is great fun and raises money to help build more Trail!
If you're already signed up and want to manage your fundraising, click here!
To support a Ridge to Bridge participant with a donation, click here!
Our spring trail event is a wonderful way to enjoy a fully-supported trail adventure and aid our work to plan and build more miles of trail.
Hikers, runners, bikers and equestrians can all join the fun, with moderate to challenging options. Those on foot and wheels will be shuttled from the Presidio Main Post in San Francisco and across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge to their trailhead, and be rewarded with the enjoyment of a one-way trip, rather than an out-and-back. (10-mile hikers will hike north from the Presidio to Tennessee Valley and are shuttled back at the end of their hike.) Those on horses ride a gorgeous loop in Marin. And everyone gathers for a catered trail-side lunch!
2014 RIDGE TO BRIGE OPTIONS
- 26, 20 and 15 miles (shuttle north in the morning and hike back south)
- 10 miles (hike north in the morning and shuttle back after lunch)
Mountain Bike (mix of single-track, fire-roads & pavement):
- Endurance 40 mile, 5500' ft of climbing
- Advanced 25 mile, 2500+' ft of climbing
- 9 mile loop, with many more miles if you like (still being arranged)
Camping: We've reserved Rob Hill Campground in the Presidio, so you can camp out before or after the hike (Free!)
Registration Fees: Hikers and Cyclists
$100 Council members* (Until March 16)
$115 General Registration (March 17-April 13)
$130 Late Registration (April 14-April 24)
$140 registration includes Ridge Trail Council membership as a Trail Trekker*, instant eligibility for early registration for yourself plus two additional early registrations at $100.
Registration Fees: Equestrians
Contact us if you are interested in the equestrian ride; we are still finalizing details.
* Registration for current Ridge Trail members is from March 3 to March 16. Members can bring two guests at the $100 level. All participants must register separately.
On March 17, registration opens to the general public and costs $115 per person through April 13; $130 thereafter.
You are a member if you have made a renewal or donation gift of $40 or more within the last 15 months – one year plus three month grace period. Event registration payments are not considered a membership gift.
If you are NOT a member and wish to take advantage of early registration, you may register AND join for $140. This includes one event registration for Ridge to Bridge and one $55 Trail Trekker level membership for the year. You are also entitled to bring two guests at the $100 early membership registration (please note that all participants must register separately).
Your event payment includes $80 to cover costs (food, transportation, permits, T-shirt, etc. ) and the balance is a tax-deductible donation to the Ridge Trail.
WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY AT RIDGE TO BRIDGE
- Shuttle transportation for hikers and bikers, for a one-way journey
- Healthy delicious buffet lunch at Tennessee Valley and tasty snacks and water at staffed rest stops
- 2014 Ridge to Bridge t-shirt
- Detailed maps and route description; guides, sweeps, and safety support
- Traveling the trail at your own pace and enjoying camaraderie with other hikers and riders
- Satisfaction of going the distance and raising $ to build more Ridge Trail!
NOTE: his year for the first time there will be a car parking fee at the Presidio. The $7 all-day parking fee must be paid by coin or credit card.
Fundraising for Ridge to Bridge is optional, but we've made it easy and fun with user-friendly tools so you can get creative to reach out to friends and family. To get started, log into the Fundraising Center. From there, you can customize your Fundraising page, adjust your goal, easily email friends and family to request their support, and track progress toward your fundraising goal. We have some great incentive prizes for top fundraisers, including a 1-night stay at beautiful Cavallo Point Lodge in Sausalito, a kayak trip or rock climbing class from the Bay Area REI Outdoor School, and gear from REI and Patagonia.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!