The Bay Area's most gorgeous hike and ride - on the Ridge Trail through Marin and across the Golden Gate.
SATURDAY APRIL 25, 2015
Our signature fully-supported event is great fun and raises money to help build more Trail!
Registation for the 2015 event will open in February.
Our spring trail event is a wonderful way to enjoy a fully-supported trail adventure and aid our work to plan and build more miles of trail.
Hikers, runners, bikers and equestrians can all join the fun, with moderate to challenging options. Those on foot and wheels will be shuttled from the Presidio Main Post in San Francisco and across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge to their trailhead, and be rewarded with the enjoyment of a one-way trip, rather than an out-and-back. (10-mile hikers will hike north from the Presidio to Tennessee Valley and are shuttled back at the end of their hike.) Those on horses ride a gorgeous loop in Marin. And everyone gathers for a catered trail-side lunch!
INFO FROM THE 2014 RIDGE TO BRIGE:
- 26, 20 and 15 miles. Shuttle north in the morning and hike back south. DOWNLOAD MAP HERE
- 10 miles. Hike north in the morning and shuttle back after lunch. DOWNLOAD MAP HERE
Mountain Bike (mix of single-track, fire-roads & pavement):
- Endurance 40 mile, 5500' ft of climbing
- Advanced 25 mile, 2500+' ft of climbing
- DOWNLOAD BIKE MAP HERE
- 9 mile loop from Rodeo Valley, with many more miles if you like DOWNLOAD EQUESTRIAN MAP HERE
Camping: We've reserved Rob Hill Campground in the Presidio, so you can camp out before or after the hike (Free!)
WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY AT RIDGE TO BRIDGE
- Shuttle transportation for hikers and bikers, for a one-way journey
- Healthy delicious buffet lunch at Tennessee Valley and tasty snacks and water at staffed rest stops
- Ridge Trail t-shirt
- Detailed maps and route description; guides, sweeps, and safety support
- Traveling the trail at your own pace and enjoying camaraderie with other hikers and riders
- Satisfaction of going the distance and raising $ to build more Ridge Trail!
Fundraising for Ridge to Bridge is optional, but we've made it easy and fun with user-friendly tools so you can get creative to reach out to friends and family. To get started, log into the Fundraising Center. From there, you can customize your Fundraising page, adjust your goal, easily email friends and family to request their support, and track progress toward your fundraising goal. We have some great incentive prizes for top fundraisers, including a 1-night stay at beautiful Cavallo Point Lodge in Sausalito, a kayak trip or rock climbing class from the Bay Area REI Outdoor School, and gear from REI and Patagonia.