Thank you for your interest in the Ridge Trail Council! We work passionately on behalf of the finest hiking, biking, and equestrian trail. Our work place matches the quality of trail that we steward. Join us.
Find out how you can volunteer.
We have the following position open on our staff:
Operations, Administrative, and Database Coordinator
Do you love creating order and maintaining smooth systems? Would you like to help promote trails and open space? Located in the beautiful Presidio, this is a full-time exempt position and is an exciting opportunity for someone who is interested in further developing their operations and Salesforce skills. We are proud to promote hard-working, inspired individuals who go the extra mile.
We are a nonprofit dedicated to planning, promoting, and protecting a long-distance trail for hikers, cyclists and equestrians. Today 375 Ridge Trail miles are open and we are working to complete a 550-mile loop. We host fun trail events and work parties, invite trail exploration, and inspire passion for trails and open space. Flexible hours and less than full-time are a possibility, if desired.
This position helps ensure that the Council’s operations and administrative functions are smooth and efficient. Primary duties include creating and coordinating office procedures, running day-to-day operations, administering and problem solving within the Salesforce database and providing administrative, financial, and website support for a team of six. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Operations and Finance
- Create and maintain office, and administrative procedures to ensure smooth and efficient operations
- Oversee time sheet and benefit tracking, personnel policy administration, and coordinate with payroll service.
- Coordinate outside consultants who provide technical support for office infrastructure and equipment and provide direct support, as needed.
- Organize and maintain accounting, administrative, program and archival files and records. Prepare deposits, invoices and checks (using Quickbooks.) and coordinate with bookkeeper to maintain accounting records and files, including for tax and audit purposes.
Database, Donor Acknowledgement, and Website Administration
- Administer Salesforce donor database both on own and with assistance of Salesforce consultants as needed including: updates to the system, ongoing customization and cleaning, maintaining security, documenting business processes, resolving integration issues, and ensuring data integrity.
- Maintain, track and create reports using Salesforce and associated applications (Rallybound, Apsona, Campaign Monitor.) Use database to create mailing lists for direct mail consultants, print newsletter, eNews etc.
- Perform accurate data entry of gifts and promptly send donor acknowledgements in coordination with the Development Associate.
- Coordinate with WordPress consultant to ensure website is running efficiently and assist staff in entering new content properly into existing templates. Work with consultant to create new templates as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other staff as needed, including scheduling, agenda preparation, meeting minutes, and logistical support for meetings and events.
- Coordinate and assist with correspondence, report formatting, proofreading, mailings, etc.
- Maintain phone and voicemail system.
- Provide support for occasional evening meetings and, potentially, occasional weekend trail events.
- Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, scanning, mailing and filing.
Essential Qualities and Skills:
This position requires the following skills:
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to identify problems and create solutions essential
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be solution-oriented, while also working collaboratively with the team
- Highly organized with the ability to plan and prioritize workflow and meet deadlines
- Ability to create and maintain office systems and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with different audiences via phone, email and in-person
- Have a positive and friendly attitude and create positive, working relationships by demonstrating a commitment to customer service, tact, dependability, diplomacy and flexibility
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner and use good judgment, and decision-making skills
- Ability to troubleshoot IT/ hardware issues
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and reach trail locations that can sometimes be remote and have an uneven surface
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience strongly preferred
- Prior administrative, office and Salesforce database administration experience, working with a nonprofit preferred
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), familiarity with Google platform
- Experience/ aptitude using web technology including WordPress for website management and basic web content updates
- Desirable: experience working with Quickbooks
- Bonus if familiar with Apsona, Rallybound or Campaign Monitor applications
Compensation and Benefits
Professional Salesforce development and certification is available with this position. The Ridge Trail Council offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position with generous medical and vacation benefits. Position available immediately until filled. The Council is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary objectives to email@example.com and indicate “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. Please visit www.ridgetrail.org for more information about the Ridge Trail.
Bay Area Ridge Trail is an Equal Opportunity Provider.