Thank you for your interest in the Ridge Trail Council! We work passionately on behalf of the finest hiking, biking, and equestrian trail. Our work place matches the quality of trail that we steward. Join us.
Under supervision of Ridge Trail Council staff, the Ridge Trail intern’s main focus will be on our campaign to install new trail signs, including:
➢ Be “boots on the ground” and:
● Work closely with Ridge Trail staff to develop strategies for replacing Ridge Trail signs along its 360-mile+ trail length
● Work with agencies, board and local volunteers, Ridge Trail staff, and others to survey/install/replace over 200 new Ridge Trail signs throughout 9-county Bay Area region.
● Keep careful records of sign installation activities, locations, conditions, and needs
● Maintain inventory Ridge Trail sign types and order necessary signs and hardware
● Other sign-related duties as needed and assigned.
Depending upon skills, interest and time availability, up to one-quarter time might be spent on additional duties which could include:
➢ Assist with Ridge Trail events, including hikes, trail workdays, and tabling.
➢ Assist with social media postings, organizing photographs on server, and other outreach activities.
➢ Assist development staff with processing donations, acknowledgements, cataloging mail appeals and communications, and other development tasks.
Intern must be able to hike (or bike) up to 15 miles in strenuous conditions and uneven terrain, use battery-powered hand tools (drill, etc.) (training provided), work well with a variety of people and as part of a team, be reliable and responsible, have access to a personal vehicle, and be dedicated to our nonprofit mission of completing the Ridge Trail.
● $15-18/hour, 25-40 hours/week (depending on candidate’s availability)
● June through October 2018 (dates flexible; work at least 10 weeks)
This is a great opportunity to be part of a regional trail advocacy organization and team, both in the field and the office.
To apply for the internship, please send a resume and cover letter before June 8th to email@example.com.