How can your organization help complete the trail?
Our corporate partners play an important role in the completion and maintenance of the Ridge Trail. The Ridge Trail Council partners with companies in a variety of easy ways—through team building events, Adopt-a-Trail program, sponsorship, volunteer days, business membership, grant contributions, and more. Learn how your company can be an integral part of our work, and discover the benefits that you, your employees and clients will receive.
The Ridge Trail Council offers many opportunities for Team Building. Bring a group to volunteer on one of our annual Trail Stewardship days, help support a long-distance trail event, or take advantage of a tailor-made experience through our Adopt-a-Trail program. For more information please contact Marie Sayles at (415) 561-2595 or email@example.com.
Now, with a gift of $1,500 or more you can choose any section of the Ridge Trail and be a named sponsor on the website and our downloadable map for one year. Unlike a highway, we can’t put up a sign with your name on the trail, but anyone who views this map on the website or prints the map will see that it is a sponsored section. See our maps section for a full listing of available trails. As part of the Adopt-a-Trail experience you also receive:
- Certificate with the honoree’s or organization’s name and trail section
- Listing on our downloadable, printable maps
- Listing on our website
- A guided hike for up to 15 people on the honoree’s section of the trail OR
- Volunteer project or presentation to group by one of our Trail Directors, subject to approval
If you require something more tailor-made, just let us know! We are happy and experienced at creating one-of-a-kind experiences. For more information please contact Marie Sayles at (415) 561-2595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship / Business Membership.
We are proud to partner with you. Your support feeds, trains and equips volunteers, puts shovels in the dirt and makes our work possible. At every level you are showing a commitment and connection to the Bay Area Ridge Trail. Find a level that is right for you:
Business Membership – $250
- The satisfaction in building a Bay Area legacy
- Monthly electronic trail update
- In-depth twice-yearly newsletter
Trail Advocate – $500
- All Business Membership benefits plus:
- Listing on annual report
- Live link on website
Trail Conservationist – $1,500
- All Trail Advocate benefits plus:
- Live link on website with logo
- 2 free entry days to a Ridge Trail event of your choice
- Announcement of new partnership (Facebook, Ridgetrail.org, Ridge Lines, or eNews)
- Logo on all event promotional materials including printed materials, website and Facebook for: Ridge to Bridge (400+ attendees)
Trail Ambassador – $2,500
- All Trail Conservationist benefits plus:
- Live link on website with larger logo and higher placement
- 2 additional (4 total) free entry days to a Ridge Trail event of your choice
- Logo on all promotional materials including printed materials, website and Facebook for: Ridge Trail Day (900+ attendees)
Trail Champion – $5,000
- All Trail Ambassador benefits plus:
- Live link on website with largest logo and top placement
- Event Vendor Opportunity
- Use of Ridge Trail logo on packaging, subject to approval
- Membership offering opportunities, subject to approval
- One year listed sponsorship for trail of your choice with our Adopt-a-Trail program ($1500 value). Includes:
- Listing on all web and printed trail maps of your section of trail,
- Guided outing or volunteer project on your choice of trail, and/or
- Presentation to board or group by one of our Trail Directors, subject to approval
Volunteer at one of our trail care days, help staff one of our supported events, or support with your professional expertise. See our volunteer page for a full description of opportunities.
Your best options for large-scale trail service projects are on our annual trail stewardships days:
National Trails Day: First Saturday in June
National Trails Day is the only nationally coordinated event designed to unite all muscle-powered trail activities with the goal of connecting more people to trails.
Ridge Trail Day: First Saturday in November
Hosted with our corporate partner REI Co-op, Ridge Trail Day boasts 16-20 trail service projects around the Ridge Trail on one day in locations such as Berkeley, Oakland, San Jose, Saratoga, Half Moon Bay, San Francisco, Marin, Santa Rosa, Napa and more! Sign up in late September. Spots go quickly.
Check to see if your employer offers you a way to support the Bay Area Ridge Trail through regular payroll deductions. The Ridge Trail is part of EarthShare California, a non-profit that partners with more than 200 corporate and public employers across the state in workplace giving campaigns that raise funds for a roster of California’s most effective and respected environmental organizations.
Federal employees may give to the Bay Area Ridge Trail through the annual Combined Federal Campaign by entering CFC code #56035.
Many companies will match gifts made to nonprofit organizations like the Bay Area Ridge Trail, and it’s a great way to leverage your gift. Your HR or payroll department can tell you if your company offers a matching gift program. Our tax ID number is 94-3148503 and we process all matching gifts promptly.