600 volunteers pitch in at 16 sites to make REI - Ridge Trail Service Day biggest yet!
Hundreds of volunteers to build and improve Ridge Trail!
All 16 sites are full, over 600 volunteers signed up to pitch in!!!
Thank you for your amazing support!!!
Join the Bay Area Ridge Trail Council, REI, Chipotle Mexican Grill, and our park agency partners for the 5th (!) annual REI - Ridge Trail Service Day to volunteer on the Ridge Trail near you! In 2012, we'll have a record-setting 15 projects!
The Service Day is our largest annual event, and a clear display of the Ridge Trail's regional nature. Each Bay Area REI joins with local land managers to host volunteer work parties on a nearby section of the Trail. Over the past four years, a total of 1,700 volunteers donated more than 7,300 hours while working on 48 projects, building & improving miles of Trail, and restoring adjacent open space and habitat. Chipotle is again generously donating their tasty burritos for lunch (where restaurants are available). With sites from San Jose to Santa Rosa, there is sure to be one close to home. Join us to improve the Ridge Trail at the Council's biggest annual event!!
When: Saturday, November 3, 2012
Where: Project locations around the Bay! (see below for specific locations).
Advance Registration required: Opens Mon Sept 10. Sign up early, as sites fill up fast
2012 REI – Ridge Trail Service Day Locations
(click image to see map of sites)
- Presidio of San Francisco: Presidio Trust and REI San Francisco,
- UCSF Mount Sutro Open Space Reserve: Sutro Stewards and REI San Francisco ,
- While Hill Open Space Preserve: Marin County Parks and REI Corte Madera
- Helen Putnam Regional Park: Sonoma County Parks and REI Santa Rosa
- Jack London State Historic Park: Sonoma County Trails Council and REI Santa Rosa
- Skyline Wilderness Park: Napa Trails Alliance and Bay Area Ridge Trail Council
- Rollye Wiskerson Trail: City of Benicia and REI Brentwood,
- Carquinez Strait Regional Shoreline: East Bay Regional Park District and REI Concord
- Pinole Watershed: East Bay Municipal Utilities District and REI Berkeley
- Anthony Chabot Regiional Park: East Bay Regional Park District and REI Dublin
- Sierra Vista Open Space Preserve: Santa Clara County Open Space Authority and REI Fremont
- Alum Rock Park: City of San Jose and REI Dublin,
- Sanborn County Park: Santa Clara County Parks and REI Saratoga
- Russian Ridge Open Space Preserve: Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District abd REI Mountain View
- Skyline Trail: San Mateo County Parks and REI San Carlos,
- Sweeney Ridge: Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy and REI San Carlos